7. January 2013 15:51
JOHN Packer Ltd will be making the annual trip to Skegness next weekend (Friday January 18th - Monday January 21st) for the annual Butlins Mineworkers Brass Band Championships with a plethora of stock exclusive to the company.
On display will be K&G mouthpieces, Rath trombones - including the '00 Series- Rath accessories, pro-level instruments, JP Musical Instruments, secondhand instruments and a wealth of other brass band accessories and goodies.
Brass manager Steve Herbert will be accompnied by fellow brass experts and educational representatives Liz Slack and Grenville Moore.
Anyone with specific requests for instruments or accessories can contact firstname.lastname@example.org beforehand or call 01823 282386.
13. January 2012 09:17
WE'RE delighted to offer the fantastic David Thornton as a prize at this year's Butlin's Mineworkers Brass Band Competition in Skegness, January 27-29.
David plays solo euphonium with the world famous Brighouse and Rastrick Band, and is highly regarded.
Anyone at the event can enter, all they need to do is fill in a form and at the end of the weekend one lucky winner will be plucked from a hat.
The prize is a day's use of David. David can:
- Give you a private lesson of 2 hours duration
- Be a guest soloist at a concert for your band (includes a rehearsal on the same day as the concert)
- Conduct a rehearsal of your band or work with a section of your band (possibly culminating in a concert on the same day)
- Give a small group masterclass
- Give a workshop at your school or for your local Music Service
The terms of the prize are:
- That David's services will only be applicable within mainland UK
- The prize equates to a maximum duration of the time required to a daytime rehearsal/workshop (starting no earlier than 10am) and an evening concert on the same day. Your requirements may be of a shorter duration.
- David is a great euphonium player, but he is only human; he cannot be used for any housework or gardening! We reserve the right to adjudicate the requirements of the prize winner.
- There is no cash equivalent (David's time is priceless!)
- It is a condition of this competition that the winning band must use the JP Musical Instruments and Sterling Musical Instruments logos in any publicity material connected to this event and be willing to have publicity material/banners/literature etc. on public view at the event itself. John Packer Ltd also reserve the right to have use of any images taken at the event.
27. January 2011 11:05
THE Butlins Mineworkers Competition in Skegness was a huge success for John Packer brass reps, Steve & Liz.
It was nice to see some familiar faces and they had a great spot (pictured). They were extremely busy and put in some very long days, along with the other 25 + trade stands.
This year's show was very well attended, with a huge appetite for musical pasta and blue juice!
Steve & Liz are already looking forward to next year's extravaganza!