The Azumi AZ-S3 flutes comes with a solid silver Altus S cut .958 headjoint with a .925 silver lip-plate and riser and .958 solid silver body. The S cut headjoint is handmade by Altus, the attention to detail in the handmade process creates a more responsive and flexible tone.
Altus flutes are held in the very highest esteem by professional players and technicians the world over. Now the Altus sound is available at an affordable price through the Azumi flute. This allows advancing flautists to produce a mature sound and have an instrument that is capable of going beyond the grades.
The S series headjoint is recognized by the oval form of the lip-plate and loved for it's beautiful open tone with an increased positive resistance.
All Azumi flutes are based on the Altus-Bennett *scale; based on the work and recommendations of renowned British flutist William Bennett and in combination with the manufacturing skills of Altus flutemaker Shuichi Tanaka.
*The scale of an instrument is the relationship of the tone-holes to each other, the size of each hole, and the distance of the tone-holes from the embouchure. The musician will play with better intonation while expending less effort with a well built scale.
- Altus S-Cut™ Professional handmade .958 Britannia Silver Headjoint and .925 Sterling Silver Lip Plate and Riser
- .958 Britannia Silver body
- Altus-Bennett Scale
- Wide rib construction
- Silver-plated keywork mechanism
- French-style pointed key arms: For accuracy and longevity in the key action, often a feature only found on more expensive flutes.
- Stainless steel springs
- C Foot
- Split E mechanism
- Offset G
- Available with open (AZS3RE) or closed holes (AZS3E)
- Model: AZS3RE (Open hole), AZS3E (Closed hole)
- Key: C
- Headjoint: Solid Silver
- Lip Plate: Solid Silver
- Body: Solid Silver
- Foot Joint: C
- Tone Holes: Extruded
- Keywork: Open Hole (AZS3RE), Closed Hole (AZS3E)
- Offset G: Yes
- E Mechanism: Split E
- Arms: French (Pointed)
The Azumi AZS3 flutes are supplied in a French hard case with a case cover and cleaning accessories, a wooden cleaning rod, gauze cloth and polishing cloth.