The Q Series clarinet offers those who prefer a more traditional French-style instrument the chance to experience the world of Backun.
We combine modern manufacturing techniques and treatments, including a carbon fibre middle joint ring, with naturally unstained grenadilla wood and brilliant silver-plated keywork to produce an instrument with truly familiar feel and playability.
Inline trill keys move the tone holes out of the waterline while the Backun proprietary manufacturing process ensures a precision bore and perfectly sculpted tone holes that produce impeccable intonation and response.
An affordable masterpiece, the Q Series is the classic choice.
- Black leather pads
- Choice of either unstained genadilla or cocobolo woods
- Choice of either silver (with optional gold posts) or gold plated keywork
- Carbon fibre middle joint ring
- Low E reinforcement bar
- Adjustable thumbrest with neck strap ring
- Inline side trill keys
- Under and Over cut tone holes
- Left Hand Eb key
- Model: Q2
- Key: Bb
- Material: Grenadilla
- Key Work: Silver Plated, Gold Plated, Silver Plated with Gold Posts
- Mechanism: Full Keywork
- Finish: Black with silver keys, Black with gold keys, Black with silver keys and gold posts
- Mouthpiece: No
- Lyre Box: No
The Backun Q2 Clarinet comes with Two Lumière Barrels, One Lumière Bell, BAM Custom Case, Polishing Cloth, Swab and Cork Grease. Nb. There is no mouthpiece included with the Q series range of clarinets so we would recommend trying a selection of ebonite mouthpieces to find the best fit for you.