The name E13 is legendary for a clarinet that has never changed in 40 years. It is well suited for the advancing clarinetist needing an instrument that can tackle the grades, higher education courses and perform to a high standard.
With its origins in the BC20 – the clarinet played by Jacques Lancelot – the E13 has accompanied amateurs and advanced musicians to conservatories, music schools and wind orchestras all over the world. Made from the best pieces of Mozambican grenadilla wood and assembled in the brand’s own workshops, this clarinet has all the technical characteristics of the professional line: silver keywork and plating, blue steel springs, screwed-in pillars, threaded screws and natural cork lining the joints.
- Already equipped with leather pads in January 2015, the E13 has now inherited the completely new bell of sister clarinet, the RC (cf. Robert Carrée), which gives more projection and brightness no matter what the range or tone. The low F key adjustment screw allows a finer control of the resulting action implemented by its lever.
Body: Stained African blackwood, for a warm and pure tone
- Bell: Now based on the RC to give more projection and brightness
- Pillars: Screwed
- Thumb rest: Adjustable, enabling the use of a neck strap
- Keywork finish: Silver plated in the same manner as prestige models (Forged keys,copper plated then silver plated)
- Springs: Blue steel springs for a more precise and easy key movement
- Pads: Leather
- Model: E13
- Key: A
- Material: Grenadilla
- Keywork: Silver Plated
- Mechanism: Full Keywork
- Finish: Black
- Lyre Box: No
The Buffet E13 A clarinet is supplied in a hard double case. Also included is a Buffet pull-through, cork grease, silver plated cap, ligature and a sample reed.