The design of the JP163 Bb/F compensating French Horn is geared towards younger musicians and first time players looking for a lighter weight French Horn with access to both the Bb and F sides of the instrument.
Our guide to buying your first French Horn will help you know what to look for and explains the many features found on a French Horn.
- The JP163 Bb/F French Horn features:
Constructed from yellow brass throughout
- Includes a compensating system allowing access to both Bb and F sides of the instrument
- Includes a number of high quality components usually reserved for more expensive French Horns
- Mechanical (ball & socket) linkage
- Neoprene valve bumpers
- Finger hook and ducks foot can all be adjusted to ensure a comfortable hand
- Ideal for younger players
- Model: JP163
- Key: Bb/F
- Bell Size: Yellow Brass 310mm (12.2”)
- Valves: 4 Rotary Valves
- Bore: 12.00mm (.472”)
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer
- Lyre Box: No
- Mouthpiece: JP612
The JP163 is supplied with a John Packer JP612 4B French Horn Mouthpiece and comes equipped with a high quality case for maximum protection.
The case is lightweight, well-designed and attractively styled with a reflective strap for extra safety. A comfortable shoulder strap is included as standard.
The case also includes a small storage pocket accessible for the outside of the case. This enables players to store small accessories and sheet music with their instrument.
The JP163 is also supplied with a bottle of Ultra Pure valve oil and a maintenance guide to help you keep your instrument in top playing order.
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the Warranty Page.