Compared to our entry level JP071 model, the JP171SW is a higher specification student cornet featuring some professional components. This model is ideal for supporting beginners and developing players to quickly progress and should easily enable players to reach the middle grades.
Our guide to buying your first cornet will help you know what to look for and explains the many features found on a cornet.
- The JP171SW was designed in collaboration with professional brass manufacturers Smith-Watkins and featuresunique Smith-Watkins components:
Exclusive design rose brass leadpipe
- Coupled with a rose brass bell
- Excellent articulation and plays with a rich, warm tone
- High tolerance monel valves help to deliver a quick and responsive action
- Model: JP171SW, JP171SWS
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: 123mm (4.84")
- Bore: Medium-Large 11.68mm (0.460")
- Waterkeys: 2 (Lever)
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP171SW), Silverplate (JP171SWS)
- Lyre Box: Yes
The JP171SW is supplied with a sturdy case with backpack and shoulder straps, and an outer pocket perfect for sheet music, a John Packer 4B Cornet Mouthpiece, Ultra Pure valve oil and a maintenance guide with advice to help keep your instrument in perfect order.
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the Warranty Page.