As a student or a member of training band, the JP173 is an ideal and affordable Bb Baritone Horn that you will find reliable and free blowing.
The JP173 Baritone Horn is available for hire. Find out more.
- Nylon valve guides in a redesigned valve block
- Bottom sprung monel piston valves
- Large 8” bell to aid sound projection
- 0.504 bore
- Yellow brass throughout
- Model: JP173, JP173S
- Key: Bb
- Bellsize: 203.2mm (8")
- Bore: Medium 12.80mm (0.504")
- Waterkeys: 3
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP173), Silverplate (JP173S)
- Valves: 3 Monel Piston valves
- Lyre Box: Yes
The JP173 is supplied in a John Packer JP8173 Baritone Horn Case?. Also included is a JP 6BS mouthpiece, a bottle of Ultra Pure valve oil and a maintenance guide to help you keep your instrument in perfect order.
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the Warranty Page.