The John Packer JP181 oboe is a natural step up for a student moving from less advanced models such as the JP081 and similar. Due the higher specification for a student model, this oboe would be ideal for a student training to reach higher grades.
Our guide to buying your first oboe will help you know what to look for and explains the many features found on a oboe.
The JP181 Oboe is available for hire. Find out more.
- A very popular Oboe, which comes highly recommended by Max Spiers of the Royal Ballet Sinfonia
- Features a lightweight resin body
- A strong silver plated keywork with plateau keys which enables a more natural hand position
- The keywork is a partial dual system including a left hand ‘F’
- Adjustable thumb rest to accommodate most hand sizes
- Key: C
- Material: Resin
- Keywork: Silver Plated
- Mechanism: Dual System
- Finish: Black
- Lyre Box: No
- Additional Features: Lightweight, Adjustable thumb rest, Left hand ‘F’
- Supplied With: Cork grease and cleaning cloth, JP8181 Oboe Case
The JP181 is supplied with a John Packer JP8181 Oboe Case and accessory pack containing cork grease and cleaning cloth.
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the Warranty Page.