The JP261 RATH is a full double Bb/F French Horn, featuring an exclusively designed Rath leadpipe and Geyer style layout which results in an instrument which has very little resistance and is very freeblowing throughout the whole register.
The thumb lever, finger hook and ducks foot can all be adjusted to ensure a comfortable hand position thus making it ideal for younger players looking for a full double horn.
- The JP261 Rathincorporates many other sophisticated Rath design elements and draws on Michael Rath’s collective experience at Paxman and at Rath creating custom instruments for some of the world's more demanding players.
The JP261 Rath provides an instrument that is affordable to students but that deliver performance that challenges models many more times its price.
The JP261 RATH features:Constructed from high grade 80:20 brass throughout
- Includes an exclusive Rath designed leadpipe
- Neoprene valve bumpers and mechanical (ball & socket) linkage
- Adjustable and reversible Bb/F lever for those who prefer the horn to stand in Bb rather than F.
- The thumb lever, finger hook and ducks foot can all be adjusted to ensure a comfortable hand position.
- Model: JP261 Rath
- Key: Bb/F
- Bell Size: Gold Brass Fixed Bell 310mm (12.20”)
- Vales: 4 Rotary Valves
- Bore: 12mm (0.472”)
- Water Keys: 1
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer
- Lyre Box: No
- Mouthpiece: JP612
The JP261Rath is supplied in a John Packer JP858 Pro Lightweight French Horn Case ideal for the busy musician. With a rigid yet lightweight fibreglass construction, the JP858 Pro offers maximum protection whilst maintaining ease of use and an ergonomic design high quality lightweight case with backpack straps.
The JP261Rath is also supplied with a John Packer JP612 4B French Horn Mouthpiece, bottle of Ultra Pure valve oil and a maintenance guide to help you keep your instrument in top playing order.
All JP Instruments are covered by a comprehensive 2 year warranty against manufacturing defects. Please note this does not cover aesthetic or finish faults. For full terms & conditions visit the Warranty Page.