The Yamaha YFL-212U is ideal for beginners and can take you to grade 7/8 level. You can use it as your first flute, but you will find it is also suitable as a step up instrument.
It is quite capable of being used in both solo and group work effectively.
This particular model comes with both a straight and curved headjoint. The curved headjoint is ideal for younger players as it reduces the arm-span needed to play by bringing the flute closer to the body, players can then swap to the straight head when ready eliminating the need to purchase another flute at this point.
Our guide to buying your first flute will help you know what to look for and explains the many features found on a flute.
- Yamaha have improved their manufacturing over their 35 years of flute making to incorporate:Hand made techniques
- Reliability and made to a high standard
- Silver plated headjoint offers a clean sound that can be projected easily
- Both curved and straight headjoints included
- Headjoints are cut to improve response and breath utilization
- French pointed arms
- Drawn and curled tone holes
- Optimized pads create a better seal and improve the instruments longevity
- Offset G and split E mechanism are included for comfort
- Model: YFL-212U
- Key: C
- Headjoint: Curved
- Lip Plate: Silver Plated
- Body: Nickel Alloy Silver Plated
- Foot Joint: C
- Tone Holes: Extruded
- Keywork: Closed Hole
- Offset G: Yes
- E Mechanism: Split E
- Arms: French Pointed
- Warranty: 2 Years
The Yamaha 212U is supplied in a hard case with case cover. A shoulder strap is also included for ease of transportation. An accessory pack including a polish cloth, gauze cloth, cleaning rod and instruction manual is also provided.
Claim your extended 5 year warranty: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/warranty/winds-extended-warranty.html
Register for 3 months free Tomplay access: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/winds/tomplay/index.html