The Yamaha YFL-272 is ideal for beginners and can take you to grade 7/8 level. You can use it as your first flute, but you will find it is also suitable as a step up instrument. It is quite capable of being used in both solo and group work effectively.
It features all the same improvements as the iconic 212 model but comes with open holes to encourage a good hand position from the offset.
The Yamaha YFL272 flute is ideal for the flute player looking for an upgrade to complete the grades.
It features all the benefits of the iconic Yamaha YFL212/272 flutes with the bonus addition of a solid .925 silver lip-plate and riser for a richer and fuller tone. This particular model has open holes, an offset G and split E mechanism.
Our guide to buying your first flute will help you know what to look for and explains the many features found on a flute.
- Yamaha have improved their manufacturing over their 35 years of flute making to incorporate hand made techniques which make their flutes reliable and made to a high standard
- Hand made techniques
- Reliable and made to a high standard
- Silver plated headjoint offers a clean sound that can be projected easily (YFL272)
- The addition of a solid silver lip plate and riser offers the player a full-bodied sound with an incredible richness and array of tonal colours (YFL272SL)
- Headjoint is cut to improve response and breath utilization
- French pointed arms and drawn and curled tone holes also featured on their professional range to improve precision and response
- Drawn and curled tone holes
- Optimized pads create a better seal and improve the instruments longevity
- Offset G and split E mechanism are included for comfort and ease of play
- Open holes to aid a good hand position
- Also available with closed holes (YFL212 / YFL212SL)
- Model: YFL-272, YFL-272SL
- Key: C
- Headjoint: Silver Plated (YFL-272),Solid Silver Lip Plate (YFL-272SL)
- Body: Nickel Alloy Silver Plated
- Foot Joint: C
- Tone Holes: Extruded
- Keywork: Open Hole
- Offset G: Yes
- E Mechanism: Split E
- Arms: French (Pointed)
- Warranty: 2 Years
The Yamaha 272 is supplied in a hard case with case cover. A shoulder strap is also included for ease of transportation. An accessory pack including a polish cloth, gauze cloth, cleaning rod and instruction manual is also provided.
Claim your extended 5 year warranty: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/warranty/winds-extended-warranty.html
Register for 3 months free Tomplay access: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/winds/tomplay/index.html