Yamaha’s YFL-A421U is one of the most sought-after alto flutes in the world.
It is characterized by an agile response and precise intonation, but its best feature is its warm, beautiful sound.
Yamaha’s unique expertise with the various alloys used in brass instruments led to the discovery that gold-brass (brass with a higher than usual copper content) is the perfect material for optimum tone, weight, and playability of an alto flute.
The gold-brass gives a rich sound full of tonal colors, and the flute is much more comfortable to hold and play than traditional alto flutes, being considerably lighter.
The YFL-A421 comes with a straight headjoint whereas the YFL-A421U comes with a curved headjoint.
- Gold brass construction: Yamaha's unique expertise with the various alloys used in brass instruments led to the discovery that gold brass is the perfect material for optimum tone, weight, and playability
- New Type A Headjoint: The headjoint is designed to easily catch the air stream delivering excellent response. Easy to tongue with good, even resonance over the entire range it is well suited for use in orchestras
- Key Design: Key shapes are designed to provide a natural position that fits the fingers for greater playability
- New Adjustment Screws: New adjustment screws enhance stability
- New scale: Excellent intonation and great response especially in the low register
- Straight Headjoint Model also available (YFL-A421)
- Model: YFL-A421U
- Key: G
- Headjoint: Curved Gold brass (Clear-lacquer)
- Lip Plate: Solid Silver
- Body: Gold brass (Clear-lacquer)
- Foot Joint: C
- Tone Holes: Excluded
- Keywork: Closed Hole
- Offset G: Yes
- Arms: Y-Arms
- Warranty: 2 Years
The Yamaha YFL-A421U alto flute is supplied in a hard case with case cover and cleaning accessories.
Claim your extended 5 year warranty: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/warranty/winds-extended-warranty.html
Register for 3 months free Tomplay access: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/winds/tomplay/index.html