The YHR-302M shares many of the same warm tonal colors as our concert models.
But more than a traditional French horn, the 302M has been designed to project its rich tonal colors across the marching field; we've added strength to the natural beauty of its sound.
- Well balanced
- All Yamaha marching instruments as well-balanced, so they are easy to hold maneuver while marching.
- Hand-fitted valves and slides
- Hand-fitted ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the valve pistons and casing or slide parts. Such a fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action, and improves the response and intonation of thee instrument.
- Laser-fused plasma-welded bells
- A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell, which results in continuous, even vibrations.
- Pressure-formed tubing
- The perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus making possible an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Heavy bracing
- All Yamaha marching instruments have heavy bracing throughout, so they are more durable at vulnerable points and can withstand the rigors of use in a marching band.
- 1st valve thumbhook
- All marching brass (except for the YEP-201M) feature a 1st valve thumbhoook for intonation adjustments.
- Model: YHR-302MS, YHR-302M
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: Yellow Brass 257mm (10 1/8")
- Valves: Piston, 3
- Bore: 12mm (0.472")
- Water Keys: Lever, 2
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Silverplate (YHR-302MS), Lacquer (YHR-302M)
- Mouthpiece: HR-30C4
- Warranty: 2 Years
The Yamaha YHR-302M is supplied in a hard case. A Yamaha HR-30C4 mouthpiece is also supplied. An accessory pack including a polish cloth and a bottle of valve oil is also provided.
Claim your extended 5 year warranty: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/warranty/winds-extended-warranty.html
Register for 3 months free Tomplay access: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/winds/tomplay/index.html