- For the first time in this sector, the required operations for creating perfect acoustics, especially the moulding and drilling of the bore, are performed entirely in France and Germany to ensure a consistent result.
Prodige’s new bore, inspired by the renowned E13 model, allows an unprecedented ease of play and projection of sound. The intervals between notes are pitch-perfect and balanced.
Its bell has been entirely reworked in order to optimise projection with Buffet Crampon’s innovation, a textured bore.
It is now possible for you, a young musician to learn to play on a professional-sounding clarinet at a reasonable price.
The Buffet Prodige replaces the popular B12 model which has been discontinued.
Co-polymeric ABS body: Strong, easy to clean and mimics the sound of African blackwood for a warm tone.
- Adjustable thumb rest: For a more natural and comfortable hand position.
- White leather pads: Improves seal and lasts longer than conventional pads.
- Cold forged silver-plated keywork, finished in silver plate: Long lasting finish and attractive look
- Poly-cylindrical bore inspired by the Buffet E13: Unprecedented ease of play and projection of sound. The intervals between notes are pitch-perfect and balanced.
- The JP021 is a full system Bb clarinet and is a favourite with schools and music services for its reliable performance.
Constructed from ABS Resin
- Plastic mouthpiece
- Hard wearing nickel plated keywork
- Adjustable thumbrest which lets you adjust your thumb position for maximum comfort. For younger players, having an adjustable thumbrest enables you to change the thumb position as the player grows.
- New adjustable thumb-rest (over 12mm) accommodates different sized hands helping the player develop proper playing technique
- Strap ring allows for the instrument to be held without extra effort
- Firmer screws and silver soldered ring gives this new feature excellent durability
- New bell made only of solid and durable ABS resin plastic results in a lighter instrument with improved response
- Resonance chamber in the bell aids in projection and improves intonation in lower notes
- 65mm barrel based on high-end Yamaha clarinet designs produces a focused tone
- Attractive matte finish simulates the actual grain of wood while providing the added durability of ABS resin plastic
- Bladder pads
- C Clarinet, suitable for beginners of any age but ideal for the young beginner from age 4 upwards
- Ultra-light construction, washable and durable
- Minimum assembly and maintenance
- Clear and in tune
- Box dimensions: 51 x 17.5 x 8.5cm (LxWxD); Weight: 1.10kg (boxed)
- The JP221 has many features you would expect to find on a student clarinet:
Constructed from a lightweight ABS making it comfortable to hold for students of all ages
- Ring-less bell which also gives the clarinet a modern look
- Adjustable thumbrest and sling ring gives players the chance to adjust the instrument easily
- Strong and reliable keywork with bright silverplating
- Tone holes are CNC cut providing an accurate tuning scale and focused sound
- Ebonite body which creates a rich warm sound
- Reduced keywork makes this smaller and lighter than other C clarinets
- By missing off some of the alternative keys it removes the complexity from learning whilst maintaining the note range
- Keywork is finished in a strong nickel plate which makes this a reliable instrument for use at home or in the classroom environment
- With the addition of using a Bb clarinet mouthpiece, this encourages the student to develop a good Bb clarinet embouchure.
- New design 14.80mm (0.583”) bore
- Ergonomically design keywork especially for the smaller hand
- Off-set trill keys
- Body and Bell wood effect finish
- Undercut tone holes
- Power forged nickel - silver plate keys
- Adjustable thumb-rest with sling attachment