Altus flutes are held in the very highest esteem by professional players and technicians the world over. Now the Altus sound is available at an affordable price through the Azumi flute. This allows new and learning flautists to produce a high quality sound and complete the grades with confidence.
The Z cut features a fairly rectangular shaped embouchure hole which makes it flexible and clean sounding with fantastic articulation. The headjoint is open and free with a full tone that is suitable for all styles of playing. The rapid response is especially appreciated when crossing large gaps in the range of the instrument.
All Azumi flutes are based on the Altus-Bennett *scale; based on the work and recommendations of renowned British flutist William Bennett and in combination with the manufacturing skills of Altus flutemaker Shuichi Tanaka.
*The scale of an instrument is the relationship of the toneholes to each other, the size of each hole, and the distance of the toneholes from the embouchure. The musician will play with better intonation while expending less effort with a well built scale.
Our guide to buying your first flute will help you know what to look for and explains the many features found on a flute.
- Altus Z-Cut™ Professional Headjoint with .925 Sterling Silver Lip Plate and Riser
- Altus-Bennett Scale
- Wide rib construction
- Silver-plated body and keys
- French-style pointed key arms: For accuracy and longevity in the key action, often a feature only found on more expensive flutes
- Stainless steel springs
- C Foot
- Split E mechanism
- Offset G
- Available with open (AZZ1RE) or closed holes (AZZ1E)
- Model: AZZ1E (Closed hole), AZZ1RE (Open hole)
- Key: C
- Headjoint: Silver Plated
- Lip Plate: Solid Silver
- Body: Nickel Alloy Silver Plated
- Foot Joint: C
- Tone Holes: Extruded
- Keywork: Closed Hole (AZZ1E), Open Hole (AZZ1RE)
- Offset G: Yes
- E Mechanism: Split E
- Arms: French (Pointed)
The Azumi AZZ1 flutes are supplied in a French hard case with a case cover and cleaning accessories, a wooden cleaning rod, gauze cloth and polishing cloth.