Buffet Crampon is pleased to announce the launch of ClariMate, an innovative and revolutionary new digital clarinet mute designed to allow clarinetists of all ages and abilities the opportunity to “play anytime, everywhere.”
The ability to practice your instrument without disturbing others is an option that has eluded woodwind players for many years, but with ClariMate, the technology has finally arrived to allow clarinetists the capability to practice and play silently, anywhere. This innovation is the first of its kind for the clarinet and opens a new door for clarinetists of all ages and skill levels.
The ClariMate system integrates into any Bb or A clarinet via a module positioned between the mouthpiece and tuning barrel. This module will detect the note fingerings as well as the player’s breath and embouchure position when paired with an active reed (included in the box). Musicians can use ClariMate by itself in standalone mode with headphones or connect it to an app for more features. A linked computer or smart device can be used to customize the ClariMate playing experience and to connect to the digital world through Bluetooth play-along features and MIDI. The app also displays the note being played, as well as the fingering on a clarinet chart.
- Reversible hybrid instrument allowing you to turn your clarinet into an electronic wind instrument
- Adapts to any Bb or A clarinet with customisable fingering recognition
- High-quality breath sensor with realistic clarinet settings
- Lithium-ion battery for up to 4 hours battery life
- USB-C port for connecting to a computer, charging, MIDI and software updates
- Bluetooth included for a seamless play along experience and changing settings through your phone
- Realistic reed positioning and usage emulating acoustic clarinet embouchures
- Headphone/line output through 1/8" port