The baritone not only represents the low voice of the Quartet, but must also provide the harmonic support and tuning reference for each group.
The “Super Action 80 Series II” Jubilee edition baritone meets this requirement by offering excellent homogeneity of sound over the whole range. Precise and easy blowing improves ease of playing including in the higher register, and with an expanded range (going down to low A), it even fits into the most modern repertoires. With a warm, soft tone, its refined keywork enables the attainment of virtuosity as on other instruments and ensures excellent handling.
In celebration of 125 years of the famous Paris factory Selmer have issued some stunning changes to these current models. These Jubilee saxes now feature a rich gold lacquer, a redesigned bell to bow brace & octave key, and some beautiful floral engraving that wraps around the bell and incorporates the Henri Selmer signature.
- Jubilee Edition
- Key Touches: Mother of Pearl
- Range: low A/high F#
- Thumb rest: adjustable, in plastic
- Blue steel needle spring
- Leather pads, metal booster
- Waterkey: on the upper arm
- A redesigned octave neck key has a lighter mechanism and subtly thinner outlines
- Gold tone lacquer offers more warmth and presence
- A new style of outline engraving highlights a thinner, more elegant and elaborate design from the bell to the bow, with Henri Selmer’s signature on the connecting ring.
- The bow-to-bow ring displays the original signature of Henri Selmer Made in Paris, France
- Model: SA80 Series II
- Key: Eb
- Material: Brass
- Keywork: Gold Lacquer
- Mechanism: Full Keywork
- Finish: Gold Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: Selmer S80 C* Ebonite
- Lyre Box: Yes
The Selmer Series II baritone sax is supplied in a hard flight case with backpack straps. Also included is a Selmer S80 C* mouthpiece, cap, ligature, cork grease, neck sling and pull-through.