Used by top professionals in orchestras worldwide.
In creating the new YSL-872 alto trombone, Yamaha has effectively combined its advanced wind instrument technology, nurtured in the making of the Xeno series, with traditional craftsmanship in a basic design.
This instrument features a brilliant, rich sound and superior intonation. It gives artists amazing expressive freedom for optimum performance in all genres and styles - an essential quality for today's wide-ranging musical scene - and is certain be loved by trombone players all over the world.
- Inner slide
- The chrome-plated nickel-silver, drawn, inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response.
- Outer slide
- The drawn, yellow brass outer slide maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length, and this type of construction ensures airtightness, smooth action, exceptional durability, and offers improved response.
- Inner slide stockings
- Specially designed one-piece inner slide stockings guarantee airtight slide construction, and offer smoother slide action and better alignment, even in the extended 6th and 7th positions.
- Tubular braces
- Long-lasting nickel-silver tubular braces contribute to the stability of the slide and enhance smooth slide action.
- Hand-hammered one-piece bell
- A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone. A hammered yellow brass bell produces a perfectly-balanced tone with quick response and extrapresence due to advanced manufacturing techniques.
- Hand-lapped tuning slide
- Hand-lapping slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
- Pressure-formed tubing
- Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell
- A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- Slide lock
- The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.
- The large, easy-to-hold, nickel-silver bracing guards against possible slide damage if the instrument is dropped and also lessens fatigue while playing.
- Yamaha trombones have mouthpipes featuring special acoustic designs allowing for precise intonation and greater blowing control
- Model: YSL-872
- Key: D/Eb
- Bell Size: 181.8mm (7 1/8") Bell Material Yellow brass
- Bore: Dual Bore 11.95-12.45mm (0.470-0.490")
- Water Keys: Lever, 1
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: SL48A
- Warranty: 2 Years
The Yamaha YSL-872 is supplied in a hard case. A Yamaha SL48A mouthpiece is also supplied. An accessory pack including a polish cloth and a bottle of valve oil is also provided.
Claim your extended 5 year warranty: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/warranty/winds-extended-warranty.html
Register for 3 months free Tomplay access: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/winds/tomplay/index.html