Xeno trombones feature a heavier gauge brass and a thick-walled, one-piece brazed bell which has been hand-hammered thousands of times for the ultimate in a big orchestral sound.
The F-attachment section gives a free-blowing response and the entire instrument has an evenness and balance you have to experience to believe.
The tone is flexible with myriad tonal colors, and gives you both powerful projection at fortissimo and subtle control in the most delicate passages.
- New compact wrap F-attachment
- Developed with some of the world's top orchestral trombonists, the YSL-882 features 13.89mm (0.547") bore, compact wrap F-attachment and a narrow slide for a colourful, brilliant sound.
- Compact wrap F attachment
- The compact wrap helps to produce a rich, brilliant tone.
- One piece hand hammered bell
- A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone.
- Larger bell
- The bell is 8 11/16" in diameter. The larger bell in combination with other design improvements, produces a singing, colourful open sound with a projecting solid core.
- Narrow slide
- Having a narrow slide results in a faster slide technique allowing the player to get around the horn easier.
- Rounded Slide Crook
- Eliminating sharp turns in the crook will open the feel and response of the instrument.
- Adjustable Thumb Paddle
- The rotor paddle is adjustable for optimum comfort.
- Counter Balance Weight
- Adding a weight contributes to the trombones focused projecting sound.
- Mechanical Linkage
- Using a mechanical linkage on a rotor gives it strong, smooth operation.
- Slide lock
- The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.
- Pressure-formed tubing
- Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and smoother air flow.
- Newly designed case
- The new case is a compact contoured shape
- With quart valve
- XENO design
- L-bore: 13.89 mm
- Bell Ø: 220 mm
- Clear lacquer finish
- Model: YSL-882
- Key: Bb/F
- Bell Size: 220mm (8 11/16") Bell Material Yellow brass
- Bore: Large 13.89mm (0.547")
- Water Keys: Lever, 1
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Finish: Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: SL-51C4
- Warranty: 2 Years
The Yamaha YSL-882 is supplied in a hard case. A Yamaha SL-51C4 mouthpiece is also supplied. An accessory pack including a polish cloth and a bottle of valve oil is also provided.
Claim your extended 5 year warranty: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/warranty/winds-extended-warranty.html
Register for 3 months free Tomplay access: https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/contents/winds/tomplay/index.html